The School Direct Training Programme is aimed at high-quality graduates who want to be part of a school team from day one.
Learn-AT School Direct (based at Church Langton CE Primary School) works in partnership with the University of Leicester, an accredited ITT provider who help to deliver and quality assure the training. Successful trainees will be awarded a Post-Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) and be recommended for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on completion of the programme.
On completing our School Direct programme you will gain 90 credits towards your Masters degree. As a University of Leicester student you will have access to all of the University’s facilities and their School of Education team are on hand to support you throughout your training.
How School Direct works
School Direct enables schools to:
- Select and recruit their own trainees
- Agree the content and focus of the training programme depending on the needs of both the trainees and schools where they will be employed
- School Direct is run as a partnership between a Lead School (Church Langton) a partnership of other schools (see ‘Our Schools’ tab) and an accredited teacher training provider (University of Leicester)
We adhere to the National requirements for recruiting to Initial Teacher Training program and adhere to the University of Leicester’s entry requirements. If applicants meet these criteria they are put forward for shortlisting by our ITT team. Successful applicants are invited to interview. Our interviews will usually comprise of:
- A formal interview with members of the ITT team.
- A short pre–set task to be delivered to a small group of pupils.
- Candidates are asked to prepare and deliver a short presentation of no more than ten minutes on a current initiative or challenge in primary education.
- Interview decisions will not be communicated to applicants directly through the partnership but through the UCAS system.
- Our interviews usually take place at Church Langton and then at the School of Education.
Applications for ITT with Learn-AT School Direct open through UCAS in mid- October.