The School Direct Training Program is aimed at high-quality graduates who want to be part of a school team from day one.
Church Langton CE (Aided) Primary School works in partnership with the University of Leicester, an accredited ITT provider who help to deliver and quality assure the training and recommends the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) on successful completion of the program.
On completing our School Direct program with Leicester you will gain credits towards your Masters degree. As a University of Leicester student you will have access to the all university facilities and their ITT education team are on hand to support you throughout your program.
All of the schools we work with are experienced in delivering Initial Teacher Training and have a passion for supporting new entrants into the profession. It is a stated aim of the program at Church Langton to ‘grow our own’ whether that be NQT’s or future school leaders and whilst the program does not offer guaranteed employment we would hope that you would be interested in beginning your career with us or returning to us at a later stage should the opportunity arise.
How School Direct works
School Direct enables schools to:
- Select and recruit their own trainees
- Agree the content and focus of the training program depending on the needs of both the trainees and the schools
- School Direct is run by a partnership between a lead school, other schools and an accredited teacher training provider in this case the University of Leicester
We adhere to the National requirements for recruiting to Initial Teacher Training program and adhere to University of Leicester entry requirements. If applicants meet the National and Leicester criteria they are then put forward for shortlisting by our ITT lead team. Successful applicants are then invited to interview. Our interviews will usually comprise of:
- A formal interview with members of the ITT team.
- A pre–set task to be delivered in a short teaching episode to an appropriate group of students.
- Candidates are asked to prepare and deliver a short presentation of no more than ten minutes on a current initiative or challenge in primary education.
- Interview decisions will not be communicated to applicants directly through the partnership but through the UCAS system.
- All of our interviews take place in schools within the partnership. If you would like to speak to us about the program please contact us.
Applications for ITT with Church Langton open through UCAS on the 26th October 2017.