We are pleased to be able to share the outcomes of our most recent Ofsted inspection. The inspection took place in May 2013.
The framework for inspection has four key areas which are individually graded. These are:
- Quality of Teaching
- Behaviour and Safety of Pupils
- Leadership and Management
The report considers our school to be good in each of the four areas.
It also identifies the following strengths:
- Pupils achieve well to reach above average standards in English and mathematics.
- They do best in reading.
- Leaders make good use of systems to track pupils’ progress so all have chance to do equally well.
- Talents flourish and pupils acquire well-rounded personal skills
- The headteacher is very clear about what he wants the school to achieve.
- Plans for further improvement are realistic and achievable.
- Pupils say they are proud of their school.
- Strong links exist with the local church and there is a clear focus on raising pupils’ aspirations and promoting their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through music, art and visits.
- The governing body has successfully seen the school through several headship changes in recent years. Governors know how well the school is doing and are committed to improvement.
Please find below a copy of the inspection report.
For further information regarding Ofsted inspection procedures and previous reports click here
Parents and carers can share their views on our school by visiting the Ofsted Parent View website
For information on Governors training, please click here Governors Training