All children are allocated a House on joining the School. Pupils from year 2 upwards are involved in house activities and competitions, together with house assemblies which take place regularly. Younger siblings are placed in the same house as their brother/sister.
There are 4 houses. All other staff are allocated to houses and support the work pupils. Each house has a captain and vice-captain, elected by the pupils and staff of the house.
The 4 houses are called Langton, Latimer, Kendall and Hanbury.
The House system is very important for a number of reasons:
- It brings a focus to our academic rewards system
- It enables both older and younger pupils to develop respect for each other
- It presents role models to the younger pupils
- It brings opportunities for encouragement, leadership and responsibility
- It brings a sense of teamwork and team spirit in addition to that provided by team sports
- It brings parents together in support of house events